Rhodium Group is recruiting an Accounting Manager to support the reach and impact of our independent research on big global trends, from climate change to China’s economic rise. Rhodium has offices in New York City, Hong Kong, Paris, and California’s Bay Area. The work location for this position is in Oakland, California.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented Accounting Manager to join our world-class team of economists, scientists and data engineers. Rhodium produces path-breaking studies on a range of critical global topics for policymakers, the private sector and the general public. You will provide accounting and finance support for the company’s work on projects ranging from our cutting edge research on the economic impact of climate change through the Climate Impact Lab to our ongoing assessment of Chinese economic policy. You will have primary responsibility for Rhodium’s accounting function, and support execution of the firm’s finance strategy.
- Plan, implement, and monitor accounting standards and processes for proper financial management
- Manage the firm’s cash receipts, payroll, accounts payable/receivable and credit card reporting
- Handle intracompany transactions across the firm’s three entities in multicurrency: USD, HKD and EUR
- Perform monthly reconciliation of cash, asset and liability accounts, and produce financial reports or statements
- Adhere to – and monitor other employees’ adherence to – proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Make recommendations to business stakeholders
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Three to five years of work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards and regulations
- Exemplary problem solving, analytical and IT abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or related field
Rhodium Group is a leading independent research provider. We combine economic data analytics and policy insight to help decision-makers in both the public and private sectors understand global trends.