Climate Impact Research Developer
Rhodium Group is recruiting a research-oriented developer to extend the computational and research tools of the Climate Impact Lab. The position is located at the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois or at the University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, California.
Rhodium Group is looking for an entrepreneurial and versatile researcher with strong programming and data science skills. You’ll be joining the Climate Impact Lab, an unprecedented collaboration of experts—economists, climate scientists, and computational scientists—from some of the nation’s leading institutions. We at the Climate Impact Lab aim to revolutionize the way global decision-makers think about the costs and risks of climate change.
- Learn, use, and extend our tools for climate data processing & impact research
- Support researchers using our tools, develop new features, & improve usability
- Work with library science team to streamline storage and metadata systems
- Work with research and communications teams to conduct new analyses
- Learn to work with petabyte-scale data in multiple computing environments
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s with 1-2 years research-oriented work in economics, climate science, data science, or a related quantitative field
- Strong python background; data science tools (pandas, xarray), climate data storage formats (e.g. netCDF), & distributed computing tools (dask) a plus
- Linux command line/bash scripting experience required
- Statistics or econometrics training required, a strong background a big plus
- Strong communication & multi-disciplinary collaboration skills
Compensation, Benefits And Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Climate Impact Research Analyst. Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements and available start date.
Rhodium Group is a leading independent research provider. We combine economic data analytics and policy insight to help clients understand global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary team includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Our research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.