Rhodium Group is recruiting a full-time Communications Associate to expand the reach and influence of the firm’s independent policy and economic research on a range of critical global topics, including energy and climate change, China’s economy and global footprint, India’s emergence as a global player, and advanced economy restructuring. The position will be based in Rhodium’s Oakland office but will be remote until in-office work resumes.
Rhodium Group is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented Communications Associate to join our world-class team of economists, policy analysts, researchers, and data engineers. Rhodium produces path-breaking research and analysis on a range of critical global topics for decision-makers in the public, private, and philanthropic sectors, and relies on clear and compelling communication and strategic outreach to amplify this work. The Communications Associate role will support communications across the firm, particularly for our Energy and Climate practice and our China practice. This role will also support communications related to our collaboration in the Climate Impact Lab and the US-China Investment Hub. The role requires excellent written communication skills and attention to detail, and will be primarily responsible for management of Rhodium’s websites, social media accounts, email newsletters, and other digital outreach channels. The role will also support Rhodium’s communications team with other communications functions, including media outreach, writing and editing support, design, tracking communication metrics, and internal communications.
- Curate content for the Rhodium Group website and the websites of our other research collaborations. Ensure content is up-to-date, polished, relevant, and search-friendly. Support improvements to the functioning and user experience of the websites, in coordination with a web developer.
- Manage Rhodium’s social media accounts and the accounts of our other research collaborations, primarily on Twitter and LinkedIn. Develop social content for new research and events and incorporate it into outreach plans. Help grow our social audiences.
- Lead the compilation and timely delivery of regular email newsletters and help grow our number of subscribers.
- Track communications metrics, including press mentions and citations, social media, newsletter, and web traffic growth, and other metrics. Help inform overall communications monitoring & evaluation.
- Assist the review process of Rhodium’s research outputs, which include reports, notes, presentations, data visualizations, and interactive dashboards. Provide support with writing, editing, design, and layout.
- Assist with press outreach for Rhodium’s research outputs, including drafting media pitches and cultivating relationships with reporters.
- Assist with other external and internal communications functions as needed.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree and some experience or demonstrable skills in the field of communications. Background related to global energy and climate change and/or EU-China and US-China relations is a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills and a sharp eye for editing. Ability to curate content for a variety of formats (website, social content, media pitches) and to present complex concepts in digestible ways to different audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong sense of editorial judgement.
- Organized and motivated. Ability to prioritize tasks, problem-solve, and juggle multiple projects. Ability to plan around deadlines and manage a content calendar with inputs from multiple teams.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially relationship management and the ability to work diplomatically as part of a multidimensional team.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office apps. Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Preference for experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, and search engine optimization. Preference for experience with Mailchimp and managing company social accounts.
- Design and/or data visualization skills is a plus.
Location and Travel Requirements
- The location for this role is Rhodium’s office in Oakland, CA, but will be remote until in-office work resumes.
- The role may require a small number of virtual meetings outside of regular working hours, to accommodate colleagues in other time zones.
- Occasional domestic travel (<5%).
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
The application requires a resume and a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience are a good fit, as well as a writing sample of 2-3 pages.