Communications Manager – China
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Communications Manager to expand the reach and influence of our independent research on China. The position will be based in our offices in New York, Oakland (CA) or Salt Lake City.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented Communications Manager to join our world-class team of economists and specialized researchers. Rhodium produces path-breaking studies on a range of critical global topics for policymakers, the private sector and the general public, and relies on strategic communications and awareness raising to amplify our research.
You will develop and implement outreach strategy for the company’s China team, manage press interactions, and support communications related to our various collaborations. You will also support analysts with editing research notes and reports, curate content for various channels, and contribute to Rhodium’s web content and social media accounts.
- Strategic communication for China projects, including creation and execution of outreach plans.
- Working across teams to develop the messages, approaches, and deliverables that ensure high-impact coverage of our work by major media outlets.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key journalists and external partners.
- Copyediting research notes and reports and ensure coherent editorial style across platforms; turning complex research reports into shorter formats for clients or public audience.
- Curating new content for rhg.com and other platforms; managing social media accounts.
- Providing media coaching to Rhodium researchers and other staff;
- Tracking and promoting press coverage and events.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree and professional experience in journalism, communications, or a related field. Background related to economics / public policy or China/Asia is a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Editorial experience and excellent writing skills. Ability to turn complex research reports into shorter formats for different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially relationship management and the ability to work diplomatically as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to present complex concepts to the public, coordinate press campaigns, and juggle multiple project deadlines.
- A well-developed network and experience with communications audiences in the US, and preferably abroad.
- Experience with MS Office, WordPress and other publishing software; skills in data visualization and Adobe Creative Suite are a plus.
Compensation, Benefits And Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and purpose-driven group of colleagues in areas of meaningful public policy. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER CHINA. Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements and available start date.
Rhodium Group is a leading independent research provider. We combine economic data analytics and policy insight to help clients understand global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think-tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors and policymakers worldwide. Rhodium has offices in New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, Paris and Hong Kong.