Rhodium Group is recruiting a Communications Manager to expand the reach and influence of our independent research on the market impact of energy and environmental policy and the economic risks of global climate change. The position will be based in our Oakland, California, office.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented Communications Manager to join our world-class team of economists, scientists and data engineers. Rhodium produces path-breaking studies on a range of critical global topics for policymakers, the private sector and the general public, and relies on strategic communications and awareness raising to amplify our research. You will develop and implement strategy for the company’s Energy & Climate team, manage press interactions, and support communications related to our collaboration in the Climate Impact Lab. You will also have primary responsibility for Rhodium’s web content and social media accounts.
- Strategic communication of Energy & Climate projects, including creation and execution of outreach plans.
- Working across teams to develop the messages, approaches, and deliverables that ensure high-impact coverage of our work by major media outlets.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key journalists and external partners.
- Seamless internal engagement with Rhodium research teams. Providing media coaching, writing support, and offering insight on relevant policy developments and current events.
- Curating new content for rhg.com. Copyediting research notes and reports, tracking and promoting press coverage and events.
- Managing social media accounts.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree and professional experience in journalism, communications, or a related field. Background related to economics or climate science is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially relationship management and the ability to work diplomatically as part of a multidimensional team.
- Ability to present complex concepts to the public, coordinate press campaigns, and juggle multiple project deadlines.
- Grasp of US federal/international/state government and regulatory processes.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills.
Compensation, Benefits And Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER. Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements and available start date.
Rhodium Group is a leading independent research provider. We combine economic data analytics and policy insight to help clients understand global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary group includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Their research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.