Economist – Climate Risk
Rhodium Group is recruiting an Economist to join the company’s Energy & Climate team analyzing the economic and financial risks of climate change. The position is based in Rhodium’s New York City office.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented economist to join our Energy & Climate team. You will partner with Rhodium climate scientists, data engineers and policy experts in developing evidence-based and decision-relevant research, data and analytics on the economic and financial risks of climate change. Your work will help incorporate climate risk information into investment decision-making worldwide and build a more sustainable and resilient global economy.
- Develop econometric climate impact models with the support of Rhodium team members and collaborators at the Climate Impact Lab.
- Work with Rhodium climate scientists and data engineers to use these models to produce probabilistic, hyper-local climate risk information.
- Map climate risk data to individual assets, including corporate equities and fixed income, municipal bonds, real estate and infrastructure.
- Help Rhodium clients in the public and private sectors conduct climate risk assessments at the asset, portfolio, community and economy-wide levels.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A PhD or Master’s degree with 1-2 years research-oriented work in economics, finance, climate science, data science, or a related quantitative field.
- Econometrics training and knowledge of the climate economics literature.
- Strong python background; data science tools (pandas, xarray), climate data storage formats (e.g. netCDF), & distributed computing tools (dask) a plus.
- Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
- Organized and self-directed with proven problem-solving skills.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (<10%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Economist – Climate Risk. Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements and available start date.
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary team includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Their research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.