HR and People Operations Specialist
Rhodium Group is recruiting an HR and People Operations Specialist to join the company’s People and Business Operations (PBO) team. This position can be remote, hybrid or work in Rhodium’s Oakland, CA office.
Rhodium Group is looking for a resourceful and talented HR and People Operations Specialist to join our world-class team of economists, policy analysts, researchers, and data engineers. As an HR and People Operations Specialist on Rhodium’s People and Business Operations team (PBO) you will support developing, implementing and monitoring firmwide policies and procedures, systems and initiatives that support the firm’s strategic direction and to help drive sustainable, long-term growth.
- Serve as a HR concierge to ensure a VIP employee experience.
- Support pre-hire, onboarding, HR Helpdesk, and other employee lifecycle processes.
- Manage payroll process and all related payroll functions. Administer payroll bi-weekly for multi-state company. Maintain payroll/HRIS system (Rippling).
- Benefits administration – assist employees with enrollment, help employees understand benefits, help to resolve problems, etc. Assist with annual open enrollment process. Roll out new benefits as applicable.
- Become a company expert on HR systems. Train employees and address questions and employee issues.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Works with Sr. HR Manager on compliance reporting – ACA, EEO, Workers Comp and others as needed.
- Work with HR/Operations Manager to develop, present and continuously improve our new hire orientation and onboarding programs.
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve our employee experience.
- Be a resource to teammates and managers on company policies, practices, and regulations.
- Work with recruiters and HR and Operations Leadership to support recruiting efforts as needed.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; SHRM certified preferred; 3+ years of Human Resources employee service experience in a faced-paced and diverse environment.
- Responsible, self-driven, and has sound judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and support of HR benefits, technology, compliance and leaves of absence.
- Exceptional professional integrity with an unbreakable commitment to confidentiality & discretion while managing sensitive employee and organizational information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization using empathy, tact, and professional courtesy.
- Technologically savvy and curious with excellent computer skills and an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, project management software, and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated skill in dealing with shifting priorities, in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment.
- Exhibit passion and energy for ensuring that all employees are respected and treated fairly and a strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Occasional domestic travel (<5%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.