Human Resources Manager
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Human Resources Manager to join its team of world-class policy experts, economists, climate scientists, and analysts in China and Energy & Climate. Position will be based in Rhodium’s Oakland, CA office.
Rhodium is looking for a talented human resources manager to join its team. You will work with operations, finance, communications, and administration supporting Rhodium policy experts, economists, and modelers in tackling some of the most challenging China policy and energy and environmental issues facing the US and the world. The human resources manager will lead and direct the routine functions of HR including administering pay, benefits and leave, as well as enforcing company polices and procedures to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy.
- Provide support to management and other staff – with guidance from Rhodium’s HR advisors – when complex, specialized and sensitive questions and issues arise; execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances.
- Develop the talent acquisition process in concert with Rhodium’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team; collaborate with hiring managers to identify competencies and develop the candidate profile for job openings. Support job searches in the organization’s recruiting software.
- Responsible for new hire onboarding program, benefits administration, open enrollment, training and orientation, as well as offboarding procedures.
- Review benefits annually; make recommendations on potential policy changes to ensure the organization offers a competitive benefits package to employees.
- Manage sensitive employee data, process payroll, ensure accuracy of timesheets, compute wages and ensure employees are paid timely.
- Develop and implement policies, processes, trainings, and initiatives to support the organization’s human resource and strategy needs.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; work with international advisors to maintain compliance where Rhodium has foreign subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with communications to develop and promote employer brand internally and on social media platforms such as Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in a human resources department. SHRM certification preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, negotiating, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Organized and self-directed with proven problem-solving skills.
- Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.