Research Analyst – China Corporate Advisory
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to join the company’s China Corporate Advisory team. The preferred location is Rhodium’s Washington, D.C. or New York City offices.
Rhodium Group is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented Research Analyst (Level 1 or Level 2) to join our world-class team of economists, policy and geopolitical analysts, researchers, and data engineers. As a Research Analyst on Rhodium’s China Corporate Advisory team, the analyst will support the team’s research on China’s economy and policies, U.S.- and EU-China policy and economic dynamics, and other China-related global trends of strategic interest to our corporate clients.
- Provide research support for client deliverables, including research notes, briefing decks, email alerts, etc.
- Provide research and writing support for longer-form client projects.
- Conduct regular tracking of news and policy developments of interest to clients.
- Provide research support for business development activities.
- Contribute to the firm’s knowledgebase on issues related to China’s economy and policies, US-China and EU-China dynamics, global trends relating to China, and sectoral/topical issues of interest to corporate clients.
Competitive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in international economics, international affairs, China/Asia studies, political science, or related fields; or a bachelor’s degree in similar fields plus at least two years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently produce data-driven, objective analysis on economic and commercial issues relating to China.
- Strong understanding of international affairs, current geopolitical dynamics, and China’s economy, including trade, investment, and fiscal and monetary policy.
- Excellent writing skills; capable of distilling complex ideas into succinct prose, notes, and slides.
- Highly organized and capable of handling many time-sensitive projects at once; close attention to detail, with an ability to independently produce client-ready, polished outputs.
- Near native-level English writing and speaking skills.
- Working-level reading proficiency in Chinese. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to quickly read, summarize, and extract key findings and nuance from Chinese-language newspaper articles and policy documents.
- Strong proficiency with Excel for data analysis and visualization.
- Work authorization in the United States required.
The following qualifications are a strong plus:
- Professional experience conducting research on China for corporate or government decisionmakers, inclusive of internship experience.
- Experience with economic and commercial databases, including CEIC, WIND, and Bloomberg Terminal.
- Demonstrated research experience in Chinese technology policy, or US-China technology relations.
Location and Travel Requirements
- The preferred location for this role is New York City or Washington, D.C.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (<5%).
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.Apply here