Research Analyst – China Practice
Rhodium is recruiting a full-time Research Analyst to join the company’s China Practice and support its corporate service offering. The Analyst will be based in our New York City offices but will work remotely until in-office work resumes. The candidate must be able to begin work in mid-March.
Rhodium Group is hiring a Research Analyst to join our world-class team of researchers on China’s economy and global footprint. The Analyst will provide research and editorial support as part of Rhodium’s work producing insights on China for senior corporate and government decision-makers.
- Provide research and drafting support for client deliverables, including research notes, briefing decks, emails alerts, etc.
- Provide research and drafting support for longer-form client projects.
- Conduct regular tracking of news and policy developments of interest to clients.
- Provide research support for business development activities.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international economics, international affairs, China/Asia studies, political science, or related fields; or Bachelor’s degree in similar fields with at least three years of professional experience.
- Enthusiasm for producing objective analysis on China; strong understanding of international affairs and the Chinese economy; familiarity with Chinese climate policy and international climate diplomacy a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex ideas into short and clear prose and Powerpoint slides; initial professional experience producing China insights for senior corporate and government decision-makers a plus.
- Highly organized and capable of handling many time-sensitive projects at once; close attention to detail, with an ability to independently produce client-ready, polished work.
- Near native-level English writing and speaking skills; Working-level reading proficiency in Chinese.
- Strong proficiency with Excel for data analysis and visualization; Experience with CEIC, Bloomberg Terminal, and Chinese-language business and economic databases a plus.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Occasional domestic travel (<5%)
- The preferred location for this role is New York City but the Analyst will work remotely until in-office work resumes.
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary team includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Their research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.