Research Analyst – China
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to join the company’s China Practice. The Analyst will be based in our New York City or Paris offices but will work remotely until in-office work resumes.
Rhodium is looking for a talented Research Analyst to join our world-class team of economists and specialized researchers on China’s economy and global footprint. As a research analyst with the China practice, you will support the team’s efforts producing cutting-edge research on China, contributing to data collection and analysis, policy monitoring, and producing reports and other deliverables.
- The Research Analyst will primarily support Rhodium’s China Projects team, working on long-form and in-depth studies on China’s economy and global footprint
- We are looking for a candidate that has experience analyzing China’s economy and policy and is interested in working with the partners and senior staff in further expanding the firm’s capabilities
- Key responsibilities will include:
- Data gathering and analysis, for clients or internal exercises
- Monitoring of policies and relevant market developments
- Contributing to and drafting of notes and research reports
- Supporting outreach and communication activities
- Support senior staff with identifying suitable research topics
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in international economics, international affairs, China/Asia studies, political science, or related fields
- Enthusiasm and passion for bringing objective analysis to the China policy debate; initial work experience with applied policy and economic research
- Familiarity with Chinese economic policy and global China policy with a focus on OECD economies; a research interest and developing expertise one of the following areas a plus: industrial policy, market competition dynamics in China, energy and climate policy, and global technology policy
- Good grasp of macroeconomic research and concepts; mastery of basic social science qualitative and quantitative research methods; fluency in MS Office and other common software; experience working with Chinese economic data is a plus; additional software skills (Python, SQL, Stata, etc.) are a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to conduct research and produce assignments independently and at high quality; willingness to leave comfort zone and take on responsibility
- Native speaker level English writing and speaking skills; Chinese language working proficiency is a plus: the ideal candidate can read and analyze Chinese policies, press conferences, reports, media, and research
Location and Travel Requirements
- Analyst can be based in New York City or Paris but will work remotely until in-office work resumes
- Occasional domestic travel (<5%)
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think-tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors, philanthropic leaders and policymakers worldwide. Key areas of Rhodium expertise include Chinese economic, social and political development, energy and climate change, India’s emergence as a global player and advanced economy restructuring.