Research Analyst – Energy & Climate
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to join the company’s Energy & Climate team. Preferred location is Rhodium’s Oakland, CA office.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented research analyst to join our Energy & Climate team. You will work with Rhodium policy experts, economists, energy modelers and data engineers in tackling some of the most challenging energy and environmental issues facing the US and the world. Rhodium has recently launched new research services, which provide decision-makers in the philanthropic, public and private sectors with timely energy and climate policy and market research and data. As a vital member of this team, you will support Rhodium’s annual national and state energy and GHG emissions forecasts and conduct original research analyzing major energy and climate policy developments at the federal and state level.
- Manipulate and analyze energy and economic data sets using a suite of analytic tools, including excel and python
- Operate, test and maintain RHG-NEMS, a modified version of the Energy Information Administration’s National Energy Modeling System used to produce the Annual Energy Outlook
- Evaluate existing and/or develop novel analytical approaches for analyzing energy and climate policy and market impacts
- Write and contribute to Rhodium reports and research notes
- Designing data dashboards in Rhodium’s secure customized web portal.
- Work across Rhodium teams to identify and develop new energy and emissions data and research projects
- Help communicate research findings to decision-makers and the public
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in economics, political science, public policy, engineering, or environmental science (or equivalent work experience in those fields).
- Strong mathematics and statistics background and proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large data sets.
- Strong preference for programming skills in Python, R or Matlab.
- Experience with energy system models, such as NEMS, IPM, ReEDS, MARKAL or GCAM a plus.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
- Organized and self-directed with proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience in public engagement with stakeholders and decision makers.
- Occasional domestic travel (<5%)
Compensation, Benefits And Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Research Analyst –Energy & Climate.” Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements and available start date.
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think-tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors, philanthropic leaders and policymakers worldwide. Key areas of Rhodium expertise include Chinese economic, social and political development, energy and climate change, India’s emergence as a global player and advanced economy restructuring.