Research Analyst – International Energy & Climate
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to join the company’s International Energy & Climate team. The location is fully remote and flexible within the following Rhodium locations: Paris, France; Washington, DC; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; or Oakland, CA.
Rhodium is looking for a Research Analyst to join our International Energy & Climate team, a group of policy experts, economists, energy modelers and data engineers that help stakeholders and decision-makers understand and address some of the most challenging global energy and environmental issues. As a core member of this team, you will support the development and maintenance of Rhodium’s global energy modeling system, provide critical input to Rhodium’s regular forecasts of key energy and greenhouse gas emissions metrics, and assess the impact of emerging climate technologies and new market designs, as well as important geopolitical developments.
- Operate and make regular improvements to Rhodium’s Global Energy Model, a TIMES based model (Integrated MARKAL-EFOM System).
- Collaborate with Rhodium’s international modeling team to design and execute analysis of potential policy pathways affecting global energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Manipulate and analyze energy and economic data sets using a suite of analytic tools, including Excel, Python, and R.
Eligible candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in energy systems, economics, engineering, environmental science, or related disciplines, or 4+ years of relevant experience. In both cases, 1+ year of experience working on energy models (strong preference for TIMES).
- Proven knowledge of energy market and policy dynamics and familiarity with a wide range of emerging clean energy technologies (such as clean hydrogen, direct air capture, and sustainable aviation fuels.
- Experience collaborating with energy systems modelers on policy analysis and scenario design preferred.
- Strong preference for good programming skills, especially in FORTRAN or Python.
Location and Travel Requirements
- This role is fully remote and flexible within the following Rhodium locations: Paris, France; Washington, DC; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; or Oakland, CA.
- Occasional international travel (<10%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.Applicants outside of the US: Apply here Applicants within the US: Apply here