Research Analyst – International Energy & Climate
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to join the company’s Energy & Climate team. Preferred location is Rhodium’s Oakland, CA office but Rhodium’s New York, NY office is also a possibility.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented research analyst to join our Energy & Climate team and help us launch a new and exciting phase of our international work. You will help design and lead analysis of energy and climate change pathways and policy for the US and countries around the world. You will conduct original energy and environmental policy and market research for policymakers and the general public, as well as clients in the philanthropic, public and private sectors. You will work with Rhodium policy experts, economists, energy modelers and data engineers in tackling some of the most challenging energy and environmental issues facing the country and the world.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in economics, political science, public policy, engineering, or environmental science (or equivalent work experience in those fields).
- 2-4 years of experience working in energy or environmental policy, economics, or in the energy field, preferably in an international context.
- Strong background and proficiency in manipulating and analyzing international energy data sets.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
- Organized and self-directed.
- Experienced in international settings and willing to travel internationally.
- Basic programming knowledge (R or Python) and/or experience with energy system models a plus.
Compensation, Benefits And Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. Please submit a cover letter, resume and samples of research work to email@example.com with the subject line “Research Analyst – International Energy & Climate.” Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements, available start date and preferred job site location.
Rhodium Group is a leading independent research provider. We combine economic data analytics and policy insight to help clients understand global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary group includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Their research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.