Research Analyst – US Energy & Climate
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to join the company’s Energy & Climate team. Preferred location is one of Rhodium’s East Coast offices in Massachusetts, New York or North Carolina though Rhodium’s Oakland, CA office is also a possibility.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented research analyst to join our Energy & Climate team. You will conduct original energy and environmental policy and market research primarily at the US federal level for policymakers and the general public, as well as clients in the philanthropic, public and private sectors. You will work with Rhodium policy experts, economists, energy modelers and data engineers in tackling some of the most challenging energy and environmental issues facing the US and the world.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in economics, political science, public policy, engineering, or environmental science (or equivalent work experience in those fields).
- 2-4 years of experience working in energy and environmental policy, preferably in federal energy policy. Experience working in Congress or in the federal Executive Branch is a plus.
- Strong understanding of federal legislative and regulatory processes and experience conducting legislative/regulatory analysis.
- Strong mathematics and statistics background and proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large data sets.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
- Organized and self-directed with proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience with energy system models, such as NEMS, IPM, ReEDS, MARKAL or GCAM a plus.
- Basic programming knowledge in R or Python a plus.
- Experience in public engagement with stakeholders and decision makers and willing to travel domestically periodically.
Compensation, Benefits And Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. Please submit a cover letter, resume and samples of research work to email@example.com with the subject line “Research Analyst – US Energy & Climate.” Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements, available start date and preferred job site location.
Rhodium Group is a leading independent research provider. We combine economic data analytics and policy insight to help clients understand global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary group includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Their research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.