Research Assistant, China Technology and Industry Research
Rhodium Group is recruiting a China Technology and Industry Research Assistant to join the company’s China Practice.
Rhodium is looking for a China Technology and Industry Research Assistant to join our world-class team of researchers exploring China’s economy and global footprint. In that role, you will support the team’s efforts to produce cutting-edge research on China’s tech ecosystem and deep dives into specific industries, while taking into account both domestic dynamics and global impact.
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Extensive research on China’s high technology ecosystem, from both an industry and firm-level
- Monitoring evolving Chinese government technology policy in key issue areas like antimonopoly and Government Guidance Funds
- Developing databases to track long term technological and economic trends in the Chinese economy
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm and passion for bringing objective analysis to the China policy debate
- An educational and professional background demonstrating an interest and foundation in technology policy and both quantitative and qualitative industry analysis
- Ability to conduct independent and self-directed research; entrepreneurial mindset and ability to conduct research and produce assignments independently and at high quality
- Confident English writing skills
- Chinese language working proficiency is a must: the ideal candidate can comfortably read and analyze Chinese policy documents, press conferences, reports, and media, as well as have the ability to conduct interviews with subject-matter experts in Mandarin
- Data science skills, including a familiarity with Python, SQL, R, Stata, etc., are a plus
Location and Travel Requirements
- Preference for willingness to work in New York City, Washington DC, Salt Lake City or Oakland as offices reopen, though open to other U.S. geographies for exceptional candidates.
- Ability to work legally in the United States (citizens, green card holders, or holders of eligible student/work visas).
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
The application requires:
- A cover letter and resume
- An English-language piece of writing of any length incorporating Chinese sources which explores a contemporary issue relating to Chinese technology and/or advanced industry.