Senior Manager – China Corporate Advisory
Rhodium Group’s China practice seeks a Senior Manager to help lead its corporate advisory work from its New York City or Washington, D.C. offices.
Rhodium Group is an independent economic research partnership known for its expertise on China, energy and climate, and other areas of crucial importance to global business and policy. Sitting within Rhodium’s China Practice, the Senior Manager will be responsible for managing advisory relationships with corporate clients in the United States and Canada. A successful candidate will also contribute to team growth and strategic planning and demonstrate an ability to build Rhodium’s brand through public engagements and corporate-oriented thought leadership.
- Manage advisory relationships with corporate clients, conducted through briefings, workshops, and curation of Rhodium research flows tailored for client leadership;
- Identify and address client needs through short- and long-form research outputs developed in partnership with Rhodium research staff;
- Contribute to Rhodium’s thought leadership on China’s economy and US-China relations;
- Generate and convert business development opportunities into long-term advisory relationships;
- Work with the director of corporate advisory and Rhodium partners to develop the practice’s corporate advisory strategy, including market positioning, team structure and product development.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of eight years of client engagement experience on China-related issues at a research or consulting firm, business association or similar organization; related experience in international government affairs at a major US corporation; or significant government experience germane to the Corporate Advisory team’s needs.
- Mastery of China-related policy, regulatory and broader business challenges facing North American corporate clients;
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality research notes and analyses on US-China relations and Chinese domestic and international economic affairs, for high-level corporate audiences;
- Experience leading executive-level client briefings and interactions;
- Experience leading a team of researchers to produce high-quality research projects tailored for corporate clients;
- Demonstrated ability to generate and convert business leads, retain, and build corporate client relationships.
- The preferred location for this role is New York City or Washington, D.C., with the presumption of remote or hybrid work until safety conditions allow for a full return to the office.
- Candidates should expect routine domestic travel for client engagement and occasional travel to China and Asia.
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.