Senior Manager – Climate Risk
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Senior Manager to join the company’s Energy & Climate team applying Rhodium’s climate risk research and data to investment decision-making. The position is based in Rhodium’s New York City office.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented Senior Manager to join our Energy & Climate team. You will work closely with Rhodium climate scientists, economists, data engineers and policy experts in developing evidence-based and decision-relevant research, data and analytics on the economic and financial risks of climate change. You will help pension funds, asset managers, banks and financial regulators apply this research and data in investment decision-making and risk assessment. Your work will help make both the financial system and the global economy more sustainable and resilient.
- Educate Rhodium clients and partners on climate science, economics and policy generally, and on Rhodium data and research methods specifically.
- Oversee the integration of Rhodium climate risk data into client portfolio and risk management systems, in partnership with Rhodium’s data engineering team.
- Help clients and partners apply Rhodium climate risk data and research in risk management and investment decision-making.
- Identify and scope client and partner product development priorities, working with the Rhodium research team from inception to deployment.
- Present Rhodium research and insights at climate change and ESG-related financial services and policy events around the world.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of sales or client service experience, preferably in the financial services sector.
- Solid understanding of the ESG market and climate risk assessment and management.
- Analytically minded, with training in economics, finance, statistics, data science or other quantitative field a plus.
- Organized and self-directed with proven project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
- Frequent domestic and international travel (25%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefit package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement, while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Manager – Climate Risk. Additionally, please indicate your availability for an initial phone interview, salary requirements and available start date.
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary team includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Their research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.