Senior Product Development Analyst – Climate Risk
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Senior Product Development Analyst to join the company’s Energy & Climate team and help develop products for the Climate Risk Service. Preferred location is Rhodium’s Oakland, CA or New York area offices.
Rhodium is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented senior product development analyst to join our Energy & Climate practice. You will work with Rhodium and Climate Impact Lab climate experts, economists, and data engineers in tackling some of the most challenging climate impact and risk issues facing society. Rhodium has recently launched the Climate Risk Service, which provides the investment and financial services communities with critical information about the financial impacts of climate change. As a vital member of the Climate Risk Service team, you will help drive Rhodium’s effort to implement groundbreaking academic research on the economics of climate change into new data products and support clients applying those insights.
- Develop methods that implement new climate science and econometric relationships into product development workflows for the Climate Risk Service, which offers the opportunity to engage directly with Climate Impact Lab specialists
- Be hands-on with the implementation of new methods as well as oversee implementation by analysts on the Climate Risk Service team
- Manipulate and analyze climate and economic data sets using a suite of analytic tools, including Python
- Work within a cross-functional team focused on client consulting projects, including analysis of client portfolios and reporting results
- Partner with Climate Risk Service leadership to communicate methods and results, and provide technical support to clients.
- Evaluate existing products and modeling workflows and recommend improvement, particularly via product development best practices
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in earth sciences, data sciences, applied economics, engineering or related fields, plus 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience developing and implementing methods that translate academic research to scalable product.
- Strong statistics background and proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large data sets.
- Experience developing products via object-oriented programing workflows, preferably in Python.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams, as well as independently.
- Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
- Organized and self-directed with proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with climate, catastrophe, financial, energy, or economics models is advantageous.
- Experience with direct client engagement is advantageous.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Occasional domestic travel (<10%)
- The location for this role is Rhodium’s office in Oakland, CA or New York, NY but will be remote until in-office work resumes.
- The role may require a small number of virtual meetings outside of regular working hours, to accommodate colleagues in other time zones.
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium’s Energy & Climate team analyzes the market impact of energy and climate policy and the economic risks of global climate change. This interdisciplinary team includes policy experts, economic analysts, energy modelers, data engineers and climate scientists. Their research supports decision-makers in the public, financial services, corporate, philanthropic and non-profit sectors.