Senior Research Analyst – China Data Services
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Senior Research Analyst to join the company’s China Data Services team. The preferred location is Rhodium’s Paris, New York, California or Washington, DC office.
Rhodium Group is looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join our world-class team of economists, policy analysts and researchers.
Rhodium’s China Data Services team develops innovative data solutions that support public and private sector clients with identifying and assessing risks and opportunities related to China’s economic development and global market impact. Among others, the team manages the most comprehensive dataset on China’s global investments and a data solution for global investors to quantify China risks.
As a Senior Research Analyst with the China Data Services team, you will collaborate with senior leaders to develop data frameworks and solutions; supervise the collection, processing, and dissemination of datasets; and leverage the resulting data to analyze policy and business-relevant questions.
The ideal candidate should have relevant technical skills, strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities, experience with independently managing projects and research staff, and ability to handle complex, multidisciplinary data challenges in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting.
- Work closely with managers and partners to develop business strategies and data products. Improve data products by retrieving and incorporating feedback from clients, colleagues and external reviewers.
- Lead a small project team, composed of data specialists, policy analysts, and data scientists, to design, build, clean, and maintain data assets. Coach data analysts to ensure they adhere to best data practices.
- Develop and implement effective data-oriented systems, procedures, and policies to meet the team’s needs and improve data management.
- Establish guidelines and protocols for data sharing. Monitor and oversee staff members in their daily use of data systems, ensuring compliance with legal and company regulations.
- Design, conduct and oversee the production and delivery of diverse set of client deliverables originating from our data assets.
- Collaborate with managers and colleagues to develop and publish original research on impactful public policy and economics topics, and track and analyze foreign investment trends and other relevant areas.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Policy, Economics, Data Science, or related fields, plus at least three years of relevant professional experience (or bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience).
- Proven track record of managing large and complex datasets, displaying a strong understanding of how to effectively organize, clean and maintain datasets, as well as the ability to analyze and extract valuable insights from them.
- Full competency in Microsoft Excel required; skills in Python and/or SQL are desirable; experience with CEIC, Bloomberg terminal, and Chinese-language business and economic databases preferred.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset, with a demonstrated ability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities and think outside the box. Experience in supervising and coaching analysts, displaying strong leadership skills and a capacity to effectively manage and guide team members to achieve their goals.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of China’s domestic economy and global footprint, specifically with regards to China’s global investment and their role in the international financial markets, such as knowledge of China’s outbound investment trends, and foreign investment trends.
- Near-native proficiency in English writing and speaking, as well as working-level reading proficiency in Chinese. Strong writing skills, with the ability to clearly convey complex ideas in concise prose, notes, and slides.
Location and Travel Requirements
- The preferred location for this role is Paris, New York, California, or Washington DC. Candidates must be eligible to work at one of the locations.
- Occasional domestic or international travel (<5%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.Applicants outside of the US: Apply here Applicants within the US: Apply here