Senior Research Analyst – China
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Senior Research Analyst to join the company’s China Practice. The Analyst will be based in New York City but will work remotely until in-office work resumes. This is an immediate hire; therefore the candidate must be available to start work upon offer.
Rhodium is looking for a talented Senior Research Analyst to join our world-class team of economists and specialized researchers on China’s economy and global footprint. As a senior analyst with the China practice, you will support the team’s efforts producing cutting-edge research on China, contributing to data collection and analysis, policy monitoring, and producing reports and other deliverables.
- Work with Rhodium Group senior staff and partners to develop China-relative economic policy and technology affairs coverage strategy.
- Research and draft notes on areas of economic policy and technology affairs relevant to the whole of Rhodium’s China team, clients, and general audiences.
- Take lead execution responsibility for multiple projects and elements of research and analysis required to enhance other projects.
- Conceptualize, design, and propose new projects for Rhodium senior staff to pursue with new and existing clients and supporters.
- Represent Rhodium Group perspectives on China-technology-related issues to the general public, communities of interest, journalists, and other outside groups.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Masters degree or higher in Asian affairs and/or economics, in addition to 5+ years of experience working in professional capacity analyzing international economic affairs with a focus on China technology matters in the government, consulting, and/or financial sectors.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral organization and presentation of research and analysis of China’s economic matters, technology, and related subjects.
- Mandarin Chinese fluency.
- Well developed relationships and contact base in fields relevant to topical focus, including government, academia, media, commerce, and the broader research community.
- Demonstrated ability to budget, plan, and deliver projects and products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop a research analyst team and coordinate project execution and product development.
Location and Travel Requirements
- The analyst can be based in New York City but will work remotely until in-office work resumes
- Occasional domestic travel (<5%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
About Rhodium Group
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think-tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors, philanthropic leaders and policymakers worldwide. Key areas of Rhodium expertise include Chinese economic, social and political development, energy and climate change, India’s emergence as a global player and advanced economy restructuring.