Senior Research Analyst (Climate Economics) – China Projects Team
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Senior Research Analyst to support a growing research initiative on China’s economy and its relationship to climate challenges. Preferred location is Rhodium’s offices in New York or Washington, DC.
Rhodium is looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join our China Projects team, which has a two-decade track record of designing, researching, and publishing best-in-class analysis of China’s economy and its global engagement. This Senior Analyst position offers an opportunity to conduct interdisciplinary research on the interaction of China’s economic system with the policy and market dynamics arising from global decarbonization, climate change, and adjustment pressures at home and abroad.
- With the support of the team’s Director and Partners, manage the development, implementation, and execution of research related to adjustments in China’s economy associated with global and local decarbonization, including clean technology development, climate policies, and other drivers.
- Write reports, research notes, and other outputs accessible to non-specialist audiences.
- Communicate findings to decision-makers and the public.
- Mentor and manage junior analysts.
- Develop and sustain a professional network, and engage with stakeholders in the private sector, academia, nonprofit community, and government.
- Other duties as assigned
Competitive applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or PhD) in economics, public policy, energy systems, or related disciplines; 4+ years of experience working in a relevant field with a particular focus on China.
- Expert knowledge of policy dynamics at the intersection of climate policy and economic development in China, the United States, and around the world; familiarity with energy technologies and markets.
- Mastery of quantitative and qualitative research methods; excellence in design and execution of complex research; familiarity with relevant databases and software packages.
- Demonstrated ability to: work with colleagues in a fast-moving environment; lead multiple projects and take ownership; mentor and manage junior analysts; prioritize and troubleshoot independently.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English, with an emphasis on presenting information clearly and concisely for a policy audience. Previous public engagement experience is a preferred.
- Advanced Mandarin Chinese reading and speaking skills required. Ideal candidates can read and interpret Chinese policy documents, official speeches, data, reports, media, and research.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Rhodium’s preference is for the Senior Research Analyst to operate from New York or Washington, DC. Remote work is expected until in-office work resumes.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (<10%).
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Compensation for the Senior Research Analyst position includes a competitive base salary plus incentive compensation commensurate with team success. Rhodium also offers a progressive benefits package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a group of talented colleagues. As a unique, fast-growing private company, Rhodium Group provides an opportunity to be part of commercial growth while maintaining a reputation for intellectual leadership.Click here to apply