Senior Analyst, International Energy
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Senior Analyst to join the company’s International Energy team. Location is flexible but our preference is Rhodium’s Oakland, California office.
Rhodium is looking for a Senior Analyst to join our International Energy team, a group of policy experts, economists, energy modelers and data engineers that help stakeholders and decision-makers understand and address some of the most challenging global energy and environmental issues. As a core member of this team, you will maintain and enhance Rhodium’s global modeling infrastructure, forecast energy supply and demand and greenhouse emissions, assess the impact of emerging energy technologies and new market designs, and evaluate major energy and climate policy developments across the world.
- Lead the development, improvement, and maintenance of Rhodium’s suite of global energy system models.
- Redesign model architecture to accommodate new technologies, markets, and policy regimes to better forecast future energy and emissions pathways.
- Mentor and manage junior energy modelers and analysts.
- Write and contribute to Rhodium reports and research notes.
- Help communicate research findings to decision-makers and the public.
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or PhD) in economics, public policy, engineering, environmental science, or related disciplines, plus 4+ (or 2+) years of experience working in the energy sector or on energy policy.
- Experience working with TIMES or MARKAL energy models.
- Proficient in Python programming, FORTRAN experience is a plus.
- Proven knowledge of energy/electricity market and policy dynamics both in the U.S. and around the world, and familiarity with a wide range of emerging clean energy technologies.
- Strong writing and presentation skills and public engagement experience is a plus.
- Occasional domestic travel (<10%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.