Senior Research Analyst (Macroeconomics) – China Projects Team
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Senior Research Analyst to join the company’s China Projects team, to focus on macroeconomic data tracking and analysis. Preferred location is Rhodium’s offices in New York or Washington, DC.
The Rhodium China Projects team conducts research on China economic and policy developments, and their global interactions. It carries out bespoke projects and other research and advisory engagements with clients including think tanks, governments, and foundations, and supports other parts of Rhodium Group with foundational analysis. The Senior Research Analyst position offers an opportunity to combine market relevance with think-tank methods and work quality.
- Under the guidance of the team’s Director and Partners, manage the firm’s analysis of China’s economic development and macroeconomic conditions.
- Design, conduct, and oversee execution of technically rigorous quantitative analysis.
- Write reports, research notes, and other products accessible to non-specialist audiences.
- Communicate research findings to decision-makers and the public.
- Mentor and manage junior analysts.
- Develop and sustain a professional network.
- Other duties as assigned
Competitive applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in international economics with a focus on China; 4+ years of professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of macroeconomics and international political economy.
- Excellence in design and execution of complex quantitative and qualitative research; familiarity with relevant software packages.
- Professional level understanding of China-relevant economic and political dynamics, passion for bringing objective analysis to public policy debate, and a deep professional network.
- Demonstrated ability to: work with colleagues in a fast-moving environment; lead multiple projects and take ownership; mentor and manage junior analysts; prioritize and troubleshoot independently.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English, with an emphasis on presenting information clearly and concisely for a policy audience. Public engagement experience is a plus.
- Advanced Mandarin Chinese reading and speaking skills required. Ideal candidates can read and interpret Chinese policy documents, official speeches, data, reports, media, and research.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Rhodium’s preference is for the Senior Research Analyst to operate from New York or Washington, D.C. Remote work is expected until in-office work resumes.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (~5-10%)
Compensation, Benefits and Recruiting Process
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Compensation for the Senior Research Analyst position includes a competitive base salary plus incentive compensation commensurate with team success. Rhodium also offers a progressive benefits package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a group of talented colleagues. As a unique, fast-growing private company, Rhodium Group provides an opportunity to be part of commercial growth while maintaining a reputation for intellectual leadership.Click here to apply