CO2NNECT Virtual Series
DATE: Monday, December 14th
TIME: 11:00am—12:00pm EST
WATCH: Read the recap and watch the recording here.
The CO2NNECT Virtual Series, convened by the Great Plains Institute, brings together leaders from industry, finance, investment and procurement, NGOs, labor, states and the federal government, philanthropy, media and other sectors – engaging in interactive live events to address key themes and priorities around carbon capture technology as a vital pathway to a clean, zero-carbon energy future.
The first CO2NNECT Virtual Series event will highlight the release of the first series of Rhodium Group’s analysis of U.S. jobs and investment implications on carbon capture deployment to meet midcentury global temperature targets. After revealing the results of the economic impact study of an initial 20-state study region, former U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp will moderate a reaction panel featuring leaders from labor, industry and NGOs providing perspectives on the importance of understanding the jobs implications and potential impact on carbon capture deployment nationwide.
- John Larsen, Director, Rhodium Group
- Heidi Heitkamp, Former U.S. Senator
- Jamie Gentoso, CEO, U.S. Cement, LafargeHolcim
- Lynn Scarlett, Chief External Affairs Officer, The Nature Conservancy
- Jessica Looman, Executive Director, Minnesota State Building and Construction Trades Council