The Globalization of China’s Markets
Co-hosted by SIFMA and ASIFMA, The Globalization of China’s Markets: RMB Internationalization and Stock Connect summit will bring together senior regulators and regional policy-makers, industry experts, and sell side and buy side executives to discuss recent key market developments in China.
Program topics include RMB internationalization, the Hong Kong-Shanghai Stock Connect and their implications for market participants and the global economy.
Join us on Wednesday, June 24, at the SIFMA Conference Center in NYC for an interactive discussion and the opportunity to network with industry peers and colleagues.
RMB INTERNATIONALIZATION PANEL
RMB internationalization continues to accelerate with the RMB use growing in both cross-border trade and investment. The growth of the offshore RMB markets has spurred investor interest, from central banks to financial institutions and individual investors. Recognizing the need for RMB internationalization, Chinese authorities seem to be embarking on an accelerated pace of reforms.
Topics will include:
- Growth in the use of RMB internationally for trade, as well as by corporates.
- Increased investor participation in RMB by accessing onshore China market or investing in offshore RMB products
- Developments in access programs.
- Role and function of offshore RMB markets and new offshore RMB centers.
- RMB as a component of central bank reserve management and de facto reserve currency.
- Implications on global trade and investment.