US-China Business Council: Forecast 2018
DATE: Tuesday, Jan. 30
TIME: 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. EST
LOCATION: Jones Day, L. Welch Pogue Room (7th Floor), 300 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20001
Mark your calendar for the US-China Business Council’s (USCBC) premier conference on China’s business and political environment in the year ahead. This annual event features top China policy experts, strategic analysis, and business professionals to discuss key intelligence, top challenges and opportunities coming up for China operations and bilateral relations.
Experts in their fields will address:
- Keynote Address by Rep. Darin LaHood (IL-18), Co-Chair, US-China Working Group
- China’s 2018 Economic Forecast — Markus Rodlauer, Deputy Director, Asia and Pacific Department, International Monetary Fund, and Daniel H. Rosen, Founding Partner, Rhodium Group
- China’s Business Landscape — David Frey, Partner, KPMG in China
- Assessing Xi Jinping at Midterm: Chinese Politics in 2018 — David Rank, Senior Advisor, The Cohen Group, and Former DCM and Chargé d’Affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, and Jessica Batke, Senior Editor, ChinaFile.
- Approaches to China Trade Policy — Matt Goodman, Senior Advisor for Asian Economics, CSIS, and Mark Plotkin, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Gain strategic intelligence and insight on the latest economic and political developments affecting commercial relations with China
- Listen to presentations from expert first-hand observers on China’s economy and politics, and key issues facing companies.
- Network with fellow business executives, leading China watchers in the think tank community, and other special guests
- Acquire best practices for managing your company’s strategic China plans with key stakeholders